- This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
- When installing the AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst™ 15.8 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- The AMD Catalyst™ 15.8 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all AMD Catalyst™ driver packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ 15.8 Beta Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 230 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics||ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics|
|AMD All-In-One Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7600A Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6600A Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7450A Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6350A Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
"Kaveri", "Godavari", and "Carrizo" series APUs are only supported by Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUswith Radeon™ R6 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUswith Radeon™ R4 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000G Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000G Series Graphics|
|AMD FX-8800P APUs with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics|||
|AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst™ Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics||ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Catalyst™ 15.8 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.8 Beta Windows Driver
- This driver provides support for the Oculus 0.7 SDK on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. More information on the Oculus 0.7 SDK can be found at the following link on the Oculus Developer site:
- Batman™: Arkham Knight - Performance and quality/stability updates
- Ashes of the Singularity - Performance optimizations for DirectX® 12
-  Adobe® Lightroom may crash if GPU rendering is enabled
-  Mouse cursor coordinates may be swapped on some 3x1 Eyefinity configurations
-  The Firefox browser may crash while opening multiple tabs (2 or more)
-  Anti Aliasing settings are not retained after Applying in the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center
-  System hangs when launching Call of Duty® - Modern Warfare 3 or Diablo™ III
-  Metal Gear Solid® : Ground Zero may crash when launched
-  Call Of Duty®: Black Ops III - texture corruption observed when launched in DirectX® 11 mode
-  Sword Coast Legends - FRTC settings are not activated in the game
-  Project CARS may experience corruption when AA is set to D2SM
-  A green screen may be observed on some "Llano"/"Ontario" APU's when playing video under Windows 10
-  Watch Dogs™ may experience flickering / corruption after changing game resolution
-  AMD HDMI® Audio is disabled after driver installation
-  F1 2015™ may experience flickering during gameplay or in game benchmarking
-  Call of Duty® - Advanced Warfare may freeze randomly when run in Quad CrossFire mode
-  Text corruption observed when using Windows 10 Mapp application
-  System may hang when installing the driver on a Windows 10 system with 2 or more GPUs
-  "Device being used by another application" error is displayed when attempting audio playback on Windows 7 systems
- As a temporary workaround, please uninstall the existing driver before installing the AMD Catalyst™ 15.8 Beta driver