- This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
- When installing the AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows®, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- The AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all AMD Catalyst™ driver packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 230 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD All-In-One Desktop Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7600A Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6600A Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 7450A Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6350A Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU series codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R6 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000D Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000G Series Graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000G Series Graphics|
|AMD FX-8800P APUs with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000G Series Graphics|
|AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst™ Mobility driver is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility |
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics||ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Windows Driver
- Star Wars™: Battlefront Beta - Performance and quality optimizations
- Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX® 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark
-  A video memory leak can occur when browser and other windows are resized
-  Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
-  The AMD Catalyst Control Center 'update' option fails to download the latest driver
-  Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
-  The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products
-  World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
-  Assassin's Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled
-  Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
-  Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
-  DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
-  GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU's
-  Star Wars: Battlefront Bata - Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled
-  Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
-  A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.
-  Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
-  A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content
-  Elite: Dangerous - poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
-  Final Fantasy XIV - Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11® mode and borderless window mode
-  Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode
-  Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled
 Mad Max - Color corruption is observed when
Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key